The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

cupcake wars

This week for Beehives we had our own Cupcake Wars!
The girls came over to my house for a baking cook off. It was sooooooo fun!
We split the girls up into two teams and gave them each the basics- a white cake mix, eggs, oil and a tub of white frosting. Then they got to pick 5 ingredients from a big pile of sweets I bought and rummaged out of my pantry.
We also told the girls to pick a theme from the following choices: Book of Mormon Stories, Favorite Primary Song, Stand Ye in Holy Places or Food Mormons Eat. They both chose Foods Mormons Eat, and they turned out pretty funny!
 The girls were so creative, and pretty hilarious. The competition was fierce! Space was a little tight on my tiny counter, but it made things more exciting!
The girls baked the cupcakes, adding things to the batter like lemonade, soda and junior mints. Then we let them cool and they went to town decorating!
 Towards the end I set a timer for 5 minutes to turn up the pressure! The girls were scrambling around, getting their presentation just perfect, and for a moment it felt almost as dramatic as the TV show.
 The final presentation to the judges (the leaders) was a tense moment. Team Uumashakaumma (or something?) displayed hot chocolate cupcakes (a mormon's replacement for coffee) with junior mint frosting. They also had lime jello, fish and cornbread (Pioneer dishes?) and funeral potato cupcakes! So funny.
 
The "Directioners" (my crazy One Direction fans) had cute milkshake cupcakes (I loved the straws!), fruit salad and carrots, and more lime jello cupcakes! These girls added rasberry lemonade to the batter and it made the cakes delicious!
This was a huge hit! We had a blast and the girls really showed some impressive cooking skills. Every time I am with these girls I am amazed. I see miracles happening with them left and right, and they are just SO good. I love my sweet beehives!

Saw this fun idea on Pinterest. {More inspiration for your own Cupcake Wars at Some Sweet Talking Girl and Sugar Doodle.}

I also found this awesome quote, so I printed off little cards and took some of the cupcakes to our girls who couldn't come this week. I wanted them to know they are loved and were not forgotten! {Click the picture to download.}

Speaking of cupcakes, I have to show off some cakes I made for Audrey's birthday a few weeks ago. I was very proud of myself. I printed these fun cupcake toppers {here} and taped them to lollipop sticks.
Cute? They were carrot cake with delicious cream cheese frosting. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment