The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

reading fair

For our second grade program this year, we held a reading fair! The students all picked their favorite books and wrote a little report about them. We made posters and the students wrote an opinion piece about their book. We watched a bunch of the book reviews on the end of Reading Rainbow to get some inspiration. The kids were so cute, throwing things in like "Go to your nearest library and check this book out!" or "This book will change your life!"
Then the students picked their favorite character (or animal from non-fiction books) and dressed up like them. They memorized the opinion writing they did and recited it when you walked by their poster and pushed the red button. It turned out adorable and I was so proud of my kiddos for memorizing their lines and working so hard!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Cat in the Hat
 A kitty from a non-fiction book Main Coon Cats and Zeus from Hades!
 Pinkalicious!
 Laura from Little House in the Big Woods
 A little beetle from Snughouse Bughouse
I threw together some graphic organizers to help the process of reviewing our books and creating our posters. Check them out in my TPT store!

I also made a treat for my readers, since they did such a fabulous job. I gave them a bag of gummy bookworms! {Click here to download the printable}.
We love reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment