The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I love Utah

I am so excited to be in North Carolina! Though as we were getting things ready to move, I couldn't help thinking about all of the wonderful Utah things we would leave behind. I already miss it! Utah has a special piece of my heart. Here are 10 reasons why I love Utah!

1. The Burger Bar
This is a symbol of family to me. My family always made several trips a year to Utah, and the Burger Bar was an essential stop. The Burger Bar was started by my grandpa over 60 years ago and has been in the family ever since! Eating shakes and burgers always meant sleepovers with cousins, presents from grandma and grandpa, and millions of people you don't remember the names of at family parties. Ogden may be ghetto, but it's where my roots are, and the Burger Bar is part of that. 

2. BYU
 BYU was probably the peak of my 6 years of Utah life. It was where I found my crazy roommates and best friends, a passion for teaching and my one true love (Kevin!). Basketball games, religion classes, late night music videos, teacher buddies, roomie dinners, first dates, bike rides, pool hopping, ultimate frisbee games, I can't even list all the things that I love about my time in college. Most of our college friends have moved away, but it still tugs at the heart strings to leave the place where it all began.

3. Mormons
Mormons are great people, and Utah is FULL of them! Maybe I'm a little biased because I am one, but they are mostly very kind, loving and serving. We have had so many amazing wards, bishops, missionaries, young women, elders and teachers during our time here. They have supported us, befriended us and taught us. I know we'll find more Mormons anywhere we go, and many people of other faiths that we will learn and grow from!

4. Temples
 We live 5 minutes away from the beautiful Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It has been lovely to be so near the House of the Lord and have the convenience of driving right up the road to serve there. Not everyone can say they live within 30 minutes of 5 or 6 temples. It's amazing!

5. Westside Elementary
 Even though some days I dreaded this place and the little scoundrels inside, Westside turned me into a teacher. I have so many memories of my darling students, reading stories, playing math games and getting hugs and notes every day. The marvelous teachers there work their booty's off for their students, and they were my Westside family.

6. Mountains
I know this is one Kevin will really miss. He loves hitting the slopes in the winter. I never really realized how cool it was to have the huge mountains in our backyard, until we drove through Nebraska!

7. Weddings
 Because there are so many Mormons and temples in Utah, there are always a bunch of weddings every summer! Three of my darling girlfriends got married this summer. I love weddings! I really enjoy cake, dancing, flowers and there is always so much happiness and love in the air. And of course, our wedding was the most fun, elegant Utah event around!

8. Salt Lake City
The SLC is where my life began. I was born there! It's turned into such a neat city with so much to do and see. I've taken countless drives up to Salt Lake to the airport, Jazz games, Justin Bieber concerts and general conference. And oh, how I will miss the Temple Square lights at Christmas!

9. Lake Powell
 Even though I've only been to Powell a few times, it's one of my favorite vacation places on earth! Boating in the warm water and soaking up the sun all day, you always come away with a glowing tan. It's such a beautiful place with so much to explore and do. I have a lot of memories on the houseboat with cousins, choreographing synchronized swimming routines, cliff jumping and taking lake baths. I love it!

10. Cafe Rio
Pregnant or not, I pretty much crave the sweet pork from Cafe Rio daily. I'm probably going to have withdrawals without it!

I am excited to learn to love this new part of the country here in North Carolina! We already feel so welcomed and are really enjoying it. I can't wait to visit Utah again, but until then, so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment