The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

2nd grade update

2nd grade has been a whirlwind of ups and downs this last couple of months. It has been such hard work, but I am really loving it!
Since the first day of school, Kevin has been the most wonderful and supportive man a girl could ask for. This is what I had cheering me on the morning of the first day of school!


He is always taking papers with him to work, grading and stapling everything I throw at him. The other week I had to make hundreds of number cards for a bunch of math games we would be playing in class and ran out of time to do it. Kevin got up at 5 am the morning before to cut them out for me! It was the sweetest surprise, and I would die without him!

I have to say at the beginning of the year I was struggling to enjoy going to school because it was so exhausting and stressful. But, I am finally starting to look forward to teaching instead of dreading it! This weekend I actually kind of missed my students. 


The last couple of weeks we have been doing some grammar cooking! We were cooks with our little chefs hats. My 2nd graders made compound words recipes, and "synonym" rolls! (Ideas found on this little gem of a blog- First Grade Parade).

The students made some awesome research posters about animal habitats, I was so proud!

These next weeks before the election, we are doing some social studies that I am excited about. We are learning about campaigning and voting, so we'll be doing our own Candy Campaign! I made this and am very proud! Check it out! 


 I am bracing myself for sugar loaded hyper kiddos this week in honor of Halloween. But, I love candy and dressing up almost as much as my students, so I can't wait!


I love my job and my life (especially Kevin)!

No comments:

Post a Comment