Last week was Strawberry Days in Pleasant Grove! One of the best things about summer is all of the festivals going on. I just love it when the whole town is out in the warm evenings. Strawberry Days is a big tradition in PG, and it includes a carnival, rodeo, parade, different community activities and fireworks! The must-have treat for Strawberry Days is Strawberries in Cream. It was so sweet and fresh tasting. Just delicious!
Kevin and I rode our bikes downtown a couple of nights to enjoy the atmosphere. Wednesday night we went to the carnival, got some funnel cake and we got to the ride Ferris Wheel, something we've been wanting to do for a long time! We went to Summer Fest in Orem last year and after standing in line for over an hour and not even getting close to the Ferris Wheel, we gave up. But this year we fulfilled our dream!
Another attraction at the Carnival that Kevin couldn't resist was a GIANT dog. It came up to Kevin's waist, and we figured that standing up on two legs it would be like 7 feet tall. The picture doesn't do it justice! The dog was friendly but the owner was a little creepy (standing behind Kevin....).
We had a perfect view of the fireworks from our yard and watched them on Saturday night. I just love how warm it is outside at night, you hardly even need a jacket. And anyone who knows me knows I hate being cold. We love summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment