The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

cupcake wars 2.0

Last week for Young Women's we had another round of Cupcake Wars! {click here for my last year's post on cupcake wars}. This time we decided to do it as a combined Young Women's activity. We split up into 4 groups and gave each one a white cake mix and tub of white frosting. Each group also received a special secret ingredient that had to be used in the cupcakes somehow... Nutella! I got these little Nutella-to-go packs and they were perfect.
Then we had a table full of ingredients that the teams took turns picking from. Twizzlers, Junior Mints, Butterfingers, Rolos, Skittles, Dots, Fruit Loops, mandarin oranges, bananas, hot cocoa powder, 7-up, cream soda and sprinkles were some of the options. I tried to find things that were a little weird, but not too bizarre so the cupcakes could still be edible in the end! Each group went to a different leaders kitchen and had to return in a time limit to present their creations to the "judges."

I also assigned the girls a theme that had to be reflected in their cupcakes... a Scripture Story! The results were so creative!

 The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
Coconut Banana Cream cupcake with gold sprinkles was the sand (and broken houses!)
Chocolate Nutella Filled cupcake was topped with Heath bar pieces to represent the rocks.
 Jonah and the Whale
The cupcakes had blue, 7-UP flavored cake and they crafted all kinds of sea creatures, a boat, nets and a mandarin orange whale.
 The Tower of Babel!
I love how the girls creatively stacked the cupcakes!
Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors
They used orange extract to flavor their colorful cupcakes, representing the coat! The chocolate mint cupcakes represented the sticks and rocks the brothers beat him with. The frosting was chocolate marshmallow flavored!
 I created some little cupcake certificates that we awarded to each group {click the picture to download}.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7VXZ-RWjvhGOW9WdXdBZmdKZ2c/edit
It was a blast! I love these cute girls. They are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment