The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

summer's end

Summer has flown by so fast! I can't believe its over. We've been all over the place the past few weeks. We took a nice trip to Lander where Kevin got to put his new mountain bike to use and I got to try out Lander's new pedicure place with Mom and the sisters. 
(Kevin modeling his sweet new bike!)
The next weekend we went to Vegas and enjoyed a little Turner Family Reunion. All of Kevin's siblings were there with their kiddos and Steve and Carrie were visiting from China. We went to the water park, hung out in the pool and of course (the highlight of the trip for Paul...) took family photos!
It's kind of weird because instead of being a cousin at the family reunion, I am now one of the Aunts! It makes me feel a little old. But we love our three adorable nephews and it was so fun for the whole family to be together!

Livvy came to stay for a few days at "Camp Turner!"
I love having her around. She's one of my best friends and always loves me no matter how bossy I get. She has so much fun with her new big brother Kevin (who she thinks is just hilarious). We shopped, went to Seven Peaks, went mini golfing, laser tagging and I put her to work helping me get ready for school in my classroom.
We also hiked the Y on the side of the mountain in Provo (for BYU) one morning. I did it a couple of times in college but I forgot how tough it was!
  
I just finished reading by "Heaven in Here" by Stephanie Nielson, which was so inspiring. A well known blogger, her and her husband were severely burned after a horrific plane crash and hospitalized for several months. One of her main goals in recovery was to hike the Y. I am so inspired that she came so far and was able to make it to the top! I was thinking of her the whole way I hiked. If you haven't seen her blog, check it out here.
 Looking hot and sweaty at the top of the Y!
Summer has been good to us. I'm a little sad it's ending but ready to start the adventure of my second school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment