I was at Girls Camp last week, and we talked a lot about how to change and make ourselves better. Scripture study kept coming up in my mind. Then one of my sweet friends and fellow leaders, Katy, bore her testimony about how she struggles with the same thing and how she was making a resolve to make the scriptures a part of her life. She told about how she wrote a letter to her husband asking him to help support her with it. That seemed like such a brilliant and obvious thing to do, I have no idea why I hadn't done thought of it before! One of the best things about being married is you have someone there to support you in things like this, to remind you, do it with you and to be accountable to.
So the day I got home I told Kevin of my plan to start doing personal study everyday. He was on board all the way (love him)! I made a little rewards chart that we get to check off everyday we read. Our first goal is, when we both read everyday for 2 weeks, we get to go to frozen yogurt! Yay! Then we will continue to make goals of longer time periods and hopefully it becomes habit. {Click the picture below to download your own!}
So far we've only been going for 5 days, but I am loving it! It's so fun to put a check mark in that box and see it getting closer to meeting our goal. I set a timer on my phone for 20 minutes and just go! I have been basing my studies off the new Come Follow Me youth curriculum so I can be prepared to discuss the topics with my girls. The lessons include tons of scripture references, amazing talks, questions and videos that have helped enhance my study.
I have been using the new gospel library app (if you don't have it, you need it!) and all of the amazing resources the Church has online as well. Everything is so easy to access and I love seeing the gospel enhanced and growing so much by technology.
I love the scriptures! Check them out here for a world of endless possibilities!



No comments:
Post a Comment