The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

young women's

Right before the school year started, I got called to be in the Young Women's in my ward. I am the 2nd counselor in a presidency over girls ages 12-18. I specifically work with the Beehives, the 12 and 13 year olds. When I got the calling, I was a little shocked but so excited. I always looked up to my Young Women's leaders in Junior High and High School and they had a huge influence on me. Working with these girls has taken a ton of time (WAY more than I ever imagined), but it has been so wonderful! My beehives are completely adorable, crazy, funny, obnoxious, constantly hyper, and the sweetest things in the world. They love me and I really love them!

We have so much fun. In the summer we had a photoshoot. Look how gorgeous these girlies are!

Total models.
A few weeks ago we had a pizza party and movie night at my house. It was a little out of control.
And so good.
Here is a little snapshot of the night-

The other night we had "Young Women in Excellence," which is a night where we kind of highlight the achievements of the girls throughout the year and have lots of spiritual upliftment. It was amazing. A few of the older girls spoke and I was so touched. They have incredible hearts, testimonies and souls. 

We "borrowed" the cute theme of Seek the Sweet from this little blog. It was all about the Sweetness of the Gospel, our Savior and Personal Progress. And of course there were tons of sweet goodies!
The Beehives and their fearless leader Sister Turner (me) were in charge of decorations. Not exactly pinterest worthy but I think they turned out cute. The girls whipped out the YUMMIEST desserts for our treat table. Delish!
My most miniature cutie.
Brother Turner hard at work making balloon lollipops. I love him.
I have to give shout out to Lisa, Katy and Stevie, my dedicated and loyal co-presidency, that are completely fabulous women! I love working with them.

Life is amazing! I have the best hubby, job and church calling.
And I couldn't be more excited for only two days of school this week. Some Pilgrims, Mayflower and turkey crafts and then... BREAK! We are off to New Mexico to see these handsome boys for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. We are super excited to see you guys too! Looking forward to an awesome weekend! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just the cutest ever. i want to be you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete