The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

39 Weeks- The Final Countdown!

Well folks, I officially have less than one week until my due date! Freaking out a little and also feeling kind of impatient and ready to meet our little girl.

Here's my bump in the only festive holiday shirt that fits me these days. Looking huge and sparkly!

Kevin's been home on a wonderful break from school so we've had lots of time to get all of our baby gear and room set up. Here's a quick look into our nursery!

This crib was the one my baby sis Olivia used 12 years ago when she was born! Can't believe my parents saved it all this time, but glad they did!
Although there isn't much decor or a "theme," I love this little print and based the nursery colors off of it.
Cute changing table and bookshelf!
Darling little dresser.
I wish I could go all out, paint, and buy adorable everything to coordinate. Although it doesn't exactly fit the picturesque nursery on my Pinterest board, I like it the way it is. I love this quote (from one of my favorite talks called Children by apostle Neil L. Andersen)- 

"In the most beloved story of a baby’s birth, there was no decorated nursery or designer crib--only a manger for the Savior of the world."

I'm by no means comparing my baby to the Savior, but if even the greatest King of Kings was humble enough to be born in a stable, our little nursery is more than enough for our sweet girl. Especially since it was just Christmas, and being pregnant, I've been thinking a lot lately about the Savior's birth and Mary. I love the story and always feel such awe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to earth in such unglamorous circumstances. I am so grateful for Him, His humility and all He did for us.


So hurry up little miss Turner! And don't ask me her name... you'll find out when she's born! Which is hopefully soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. You always do such a great job putting such neat things together.
    I'm so excited for you.
    -Kristin Telford

    ReplyDelete