The Mr. and Mrs.

The Mr. and Mrs.
Gabby is a teacher. Kevin is a business man. We have a happy, happy life. And we love each other. A LOT!!!!!!!

Search our Blog

Labels

DIY (7) Holidays (9) I'm a Mormon (19) Kevin (8) Life (60) Love (12) Printables (9) Teach (12) Travels (15)

Want to know more about what we believe? Click the button!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Dominican Republic

This past week and a half I did something really mean to Kevin. I left him all alone while I traveled to the Dominican Republic with my family. Worst wife ever right? I felt really bad but it didn't work out for him to get the time off work to go. I am now happily reunited with my hubby, and here to report on the amazing trip I had with my family!

We took the trip down to the DR to visit the areas where my amazing brother Elder Fowler Alex served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints. It was so good to see him finally after all that time! It was also really cool to go to the places where he lived and served the Domincian people. The people were so kind and welcoming to us all!
We began the trip in the capital city, Santo Domingo. We stayed in a charming little hotel in the historic part of town. There was a lot of Spanish influence in the buildings and architecture because Christopher Colombus first landed in the Domincan Republic!
Olivia being sassy.
We even found some yummy paella (a famous Spanish dish).
The main reason we went to Santo Domingo though was to visit the temple. It was beautiful! One of Alex's companions that he worked with on his mission, José, met up with us there.
 We also met some amazing ladies who had sacrificed much to travel from Trinidad &Tobago to visit the temple for the first time. Dad invited them to lunch with us so we could hear their stories and visit with them some more. They were adorable, hilarious and so sweet. 
My Dad told them that his dad took him out to lunch after his first visit to the temple. "I'll be your dad today!" He told them. He even bought them flowers from a street vendor. They were very touched and kept calling him "Dad" the whole afternoon.

After visiting some of Alex's families that he taught and members that he worked with, we headed to la playa! We had the cutest pink beach house called Villa Flamingo.
The fruit was probably one of the highlights on the trip. We stopped at a street vendor and bought about 15 mangos, 8 pineapples and some melons. It was heaven! 
It's a little cliché, but I had to write a cutsey sand message for Kevin!
Audrey and I even enjoyed massages services from Olivia (Mom and Dad enjoyed the professional kind).
We had such a great time! It was so fun to spend time with my family and I LOVE THE BEACH! 

I will end by leaving you with a traditional airport photo of Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment